Moving to the Charlotte Area?
Moving comes with a long checklist of to-dos, and navigating all of the steps can get overwhelming. Luckily, you don't have to do it all alone!
Our team knows the ins and outs of the moving process, and we're more than happy to offer this in-depth guide on everything you need to know about packing like a pro. Take a look at our tips and tricks, and give us a call if you have any questions!
Charlotte Moving Tips
The key to having a stress-free and successful move? Be prepared. By working with a professional and employing some of these helpful resources, you'll be all packed up in no time.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Before you relocate, plan out your agenda. From making sure you have enough boxes to downsizing some of your possessions, here's what you'll need to do:
- Gather your packing materials — Grab a few boxes from stores and purchase packing tape and any other supplies you might need.
- Start small — Move through you house room-by-room, starting with the ones you use the least.
- Downsize beforehand — Yard sales, online marketplaces, thrift stores—there are plenty of options for getting rid of extra items.
- Review moving documents — If you're using professional movers, make sure to review the papers and iron out the details beforehand.
As Moving Day Approaches
In the last few days and weeks of the move, make sure you finish off a few final things:
- Label everything — As you pack up, make sure you label each box based on room or category.
- Pack fragile items last — Glass items, picture frames, fine china, and other delicate items should be bubble wrapped to prevent breakage.
During the Move
When moving day finally arrives, stay organized and keep important things close by:
- Prepare an "essentials bag" — You're not going to want to unpack right away, so put any essentials into a backpack that you can keep close by.
- Make an "open me first" box — Things like toilet paper, towels, sheets, and anything else you'll need right away should go in a box near the top.
- Clean before unpacking — Since your house may never be this empty again, you'll want to get in a deep clean before you move things in.
Relocate to Charlotte with a Team of Professionals
The Charlotte area is filled with beautiful homes, one-of-a-kind communities, and tons of things to explore—that's why so many people love calling this area home! As your local real estate experts, our team is here help you find your dream home, successfully and stress-free. If you're ready to kick off your relocation journey, feel free to give our team a call.